Scr Power Controller
Scr Power Controller – choose CD Automation
Today more than ever, engineers are designing electric process heat systems using SCR power controls. The advantages of using an SCR are many; more precise control of the heating process, extended heater life, improved product quality at faster production speeds and reduced maintenance costs.
CD Automation offer a wide range of SCR Power Controller with several advantages:
- Save money because there are small steps in nominal current rating with 27 sizes from 10A to 2600 A.
- Innovative product range using digital technology also on small units (15 A).
- RS485 communication with modbus protocol standard on all families with exclusion of CD3000S.
- Configuration semplicity via Frontal KeyPad, external KeyPad or portable PC.
- Possibility to download the suggested software configuration clicking on your application.
- Universal SCR where is possible to configure all inputs types, firing modes and feedback.
- All informations are available on our Web Site download page, where you can find Sales literature, Maintenance Manuals, Configuration software and possibility to ask for enquires.
- Very efficient Help Desk to solve application problems. Call us and you will speak directly with our R&D team.
- Remote service via Internet.
Multi-zone Power Control System
Mishandling the Use of Power Results in Higher cost and Expensive Penalties for Exceeding the Contractual limits. Today, Thanks to REVO PC Technology and our SCR Units, all This is Under Control. REVO PC has been designed specifically for multi-zone management of several power control systems.
SCR Power Controller
For Power Control System Suitable for loads up to 700A (1-2PH) and 500A (3PH).
Heater Break (HB) alarm to diagnostic partial or total load failure and short circuit on Thyristors as optionIP20 protection.
cUL us available as an Option.
Enhanced SCR Power Controller for current up to 2600A.
The product is also used with complex load types where there is a need for phase angle firing. These include transformer coupled loads, fast responding loads, loads with large resistance changes and loads requiring current limiting or soft-start.
Futher Advantages of SCR Power Controllers compare mechanical relay or contactor
The benefits of scr power controller compared with electromechanically contactors are numerous:
- No mechanical parts moving
- Thyristor offer a reliable long term solution
- Very fast switching
- Life of scr power controller can be evaluated from 5 to 10 year depending on how the scr are stressed. The normally electrical life of contactors is 1,5 million of operations that can be reached in few months.
Ex: Imagine a furnace with contactor driven by a temperature controller with a cycle time of 20 sec. At 50% power demand is 10sec ON+10sec OFF.
That means that contactor is switched ON every 20 sec. During one working day over 3 turns(24 hours) the contactors life is given by:
1Hour = 180 switching of contactor
1Day = 180×24=4820 swicting
Calculation life = 1.500.000 / 4.820 = 347 day
This means that every years the contactors must be changed with labour cost and stop of production.
- Better temperature control due to very fast switching and better resolution in controlling the power. Save money for reduction of scrap
- Better quality because keep constant the temperature with no fluctuation
- Increase the heating element life because with very fast switching there are no thermal stresses.
- Lower maintenance cost for contactor and for heating elements substitution.
- Protection of thermal elements and building parts of furnace or machine with current limit, power limit to remain within limits specified
- Reduction of cost because is possible to establish how many elementary loads has to be fired on same time. Avoid to have peak demand power
- Capability to monitor in a control room all the loads via the communication bus available on CD Automation scr power controller.
- Possibility to diagnostic via serial link faults on heating elements or on thyristor units
- Communication can be used to control for power set point and reading of voltage, current, power, and load status. Recipe facility are olso available with digital communication on SCR Power Controller.